Montag, 15. Juni 2015

The things I love: birthday shenanigans and summery dresses

I never was a person who understood why people did not want to celebrate their birthdays. Maybe that will change once I hit a big number like the terrible thirty (but then, what´s age nowadays?) but I just always loved to have a special day that I could fill with my favourite things and eat plenty of cake without feeling remorse, while ideally spending it with friends and family. I love to think back to the sunny birthdays in my childhood, where we always ate the first homegrown strawberries of the season with vanilla custard and fresh cream and had a big barbeque in the evening. This year, I was not only happy to unwrap this beautiful dress by Subdued, but to go ahead and spend a perfect and relaxed day with my favourite person.
After sleeping in (no alarm clocks allowed on my birthday), I had a big piece of yummy vegan lemon cake and coffee in bed and watched as much Seinfeld as possible.
We stopped at one of my beloved English book shops here in Berlin, St. Georges´s in Prenzlauer Berg, that sells new but also used books. The selection is wide and I never leave without picking up a copy of something. This time, I found a beautiful penguin edition of Jean Rhys "Good Morning, Midnight"and I´m really looking forward to reading it.
Dress Subdued / Hat + Bag Second Hand / Shoes H and M
The rest of the day was filled with Sushi, afternoon drinks in the park and a Thai dinner, that was absolutely to die for. Now that I think of it, every day could be made special with the right mind set (and if you are off work...), someone at your side that you really like and good food. But even so, I´m looking forward to my birthday next year and it´ll hopefully be as fun and lovely as this year.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen