Freitag, 5. Juni 2015

Travel diary: when in Rome...

A few weekends back, I was happy enough to stroll through the beautiful and picturesque streets of Rome and I´m still reminiscing about this magical and lively place. It was my first visit to Italy´s capital and I enjoyed the trip and the city to the fullest extent. Our days were filled with pasta and red wine for lunch and a lot of walking and visits to the Colosseum and the Forum Romanum. The view from the Palatine Hill was actually one of my highlights and paying in to the ancient civic center of Rome was absolutely worth it and the queue surprisingly short. Both the Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps were under construction, but this did not sadden me too much, mainly because we visited these places during tourist-rush-hour and it was not particularly comfortable to hang out around there anyway. I was perfectly happy with just drifting through little side streets, taking tons of pictures of green and old facades and sipping espresso after basically every single meal. 
It will be no surprise to anyone who has visited Rome before, that the city has loads to offer and it´s not quite manageable to visit all important museums and places. Or at least not, if you don´t want your trip to be too planned or stressful. This is something I always liked though, because it puts you in the position of having to go back. I love to keep points on my bucket list and returning to Rome one day is most necessary this way.
Crop Top + Skirt + Bag H and M / Kimono Gina Tricot / Hat Vintage / Necklace Brandy Melville + Urban Outfitters / Shoes Birkenstock
Although the weather was far from picture perfect and showed it´s ugly side with heavy rain showers (too bad that one happened during our visit to the Vatican and St. Peter´s Square, attractions aren´t as impressive when there are covered in dark clouds and big rain drops), there was an overall feeling of summer in the air. The wind was mild and my pale and wintery legs felt fresh air for the very first time this year. The whole trip in general made me look forward to the upcoming summer much more and I hope it will be filled with picnics in the park, swims and ice cream. Most of all, I wish it would be filled with more time in Italy, but this must wait for some other time...
So far so good. I hope you enjoyed this virtual voyage to the eternal city and will stay tuned for a second part, including pictures from my favourite part of the city and (hopefully!) a little video.

Kommentare:

  1. Ach, wie schön! Rom steht auch noch auf meiner Reiseliste, aber die kommenden Tage geht es erstmal nach Lissabon (: Da ist dein Outfit eine tolle Inspiration. Danke für den schönen Post!

    Alles Liebe,
    Laura

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Your pictures are stunning and so is Rome
    Love, Julie

    AntwortenLöschen