Samstag, 26. September 2015

Travel diary: happy days in London

Back with another travel diary. I finally made my way to England again and had a great, yet busy time in London, Oxford and Brighton. Today´s post will be filled with impressions from buzzing London, which got to be one of my favourite cities in Europe. Even if I visited for the 7th time now, I know it will always be on my travel list. Because we focused more on day trips out of town (the excursion to Leavesden and the Harry Potter Studio Tour was my sisters and my favourite thing on this weekend trip and it broke our heart to leave this magical place...) we used the time in London to just stroll around and tried to keep it stress-free. We left shopping at a minimum (had to visit the exclusive Lush shop at Oxford Street and book shops of course, but that was it) and just enjoyed the picture perfect late summer/early autumn weather.

Before the trip I had made a little detour to my beloved Secondhand shop Humana here in Berlin and scored this amazing yellow coat and this beautiful bag and then wore variations of this outfit on basically every day of the weekend in London.
Because our time in London was rather limited, we didn´t want to waste time in clothes shops, that we also have in our home towns. That didn´t stop us from visiting plenty of book shops though and we had a great time browsing through various shops around Charing Cross. Although I usually prefer independent and used book shops like Any amount of books in Charing Cross Road, the big ass Foyles was an absolute book heaven.
Jumper H and M / Coat + Belt + Bag + Handbag Second Hand / Skirt Bershka / Shoes Vagabond / Necklace F21 + Brandy Melville
We stayed in a hostel very close to Hyde Park and the Natural History Museum, so a visit there was a must. The building itself is just so breathtaking and beautiful, that even without the pretty cool dinosaur wing, I would come here all the time. Like almost all the museums in London, the entrance is free of charge, which is just great.
Eating out isn´t that cheap in London (nothing is I suppose, leaving my Oyster card at home and paying 7,50 Euro for a single tube ride made me learn that lesson...) but we found real nice things to eat and vegan options are no problem at all. Pret A Manger is from now on my favourite friend and provided us with delicious porridge in the morning and avocado super food sandwiches during the day. Also, I had my first cheeky Nando´s. Without chicken obviously.
That´s it for today. If you want to see a gathering of clips from the trip, I also uploaded a little Follow Me Around video on my youtube channel. Hope you like it! Next up is a post about our day trip to Brighton, so stay tuned for that one.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen